- [FICTION] Rose Garden Funeral of Sorts -Published in Cotton Xenomorph
- [FICTION] Three Dandelion Stars - forthcoming in Beneath Ceaseless Skies
- [MICRO-FICTION] Annas - Mini-Contest Winner (2nd Place) in On The Premises
- [FICTION] The True and Otherworldly Origins of the Name 'Calamity Jane' - Published in Beneath Ceaseless Skies |||-->> Listed in Tangent Online's Recommended Reading List of 2016 (with two stars).
- [FICTION] Hollow-Eyed Boys - Published in Turn to Ash
Along with my blog posts about real-life stuff, I also write fiction about made-up stuff. Some of these stories get published in magazines, but others I write specifically to post here, on my website. I've compiled a list of these stories for anyone needing a serious dose of make-believe.
So here they are, from most to least recent:
A tale in multiple parts about Tamrat, an Ethiopian Suri man, and his efforts to triumph over his enemy, his father, and his past. It is both a love story and a story about overcoming trauma. Part One posted August 2017. Subsequent chapters to be posted in the coming months.
Flash fiction piece about a young girl at her last fitting for her last dress. This piece was from a prompt given at the 2017 Kenyon Review Writers Workshop with EJ Levy. Trigger Warning: terminal illness.
Wherein a young man takes a trip to Maine to find himself and does exactly that, in a roundabout way. A ghost story based on the legend of the Dames Blanches.
Three Elvis Impersonators want to move to Las Vegas and retire like the Kings they are, after one last job.
Sati Devi meets her first husband, and the Maharaja his second wife in this historical fiction piece.
It's been raining in Ohio for 60 days, and one woman is afraid the long-ago murder of her husband may finally be revealed in this speculative fiction piece.
All stories © Jordan Kurella, 2015-2017